The PEEL Entertainment Group is a Creative Production Company providing full entertainment programmes to Cruise Lines and the Leisure Industry. PEEL also has specialist division PEEL Interactive which provides design, video and digital (app, augmented reality & AV software) solutions for the museum and heritage sectors.
Vacancy: Finance Officer/Manager
Place of Work: Pinetum, Broughton Hall, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3AE
Working Hours: Full time (can be flexible however and would consider 4 days per week)
Salary: On application
Reporting to: Finance Director, Kerry Daley
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an amazing company currently moving through significant change and growth.
This role provides the perfect opportunity for someone who has recently qualified and is ready to take their career forward within this sector and to take responsibility for the day to day running of the finance department and also the current team members.
You will be managing one main Limited Company and three rapidly growing Companies while also developing and managing a small team of full time and part time members of staff who are responsible for Purchase Ledger and processing PAYE.
The main objectives are overseeing the purchase ledgers and payroll processing, budget management, VAT and tax reconciliation while also producing Monthly Management Accounts for the Finance Director.
You must be a competent user of Sage 200 and be an articulate individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels of the management structure.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Purchase ledger and credit control
- Management of the budgets
- VAT and TAX reconciliation
- Bank reconciliations
- Managing and forecasting cashflow on a short- and long-term basis
- Producing the monthly management accounts and supporting the external accounting practice with the year-end accounts
- Working closely with the Finance Director on financial and project reporting
- Working with the company accountants
- Managing the finance team (four assistants)
- A strong multi-tasker with excellent organisational skills and great attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a good sense of humor
- A high standard of written and spoken English, excellent IT and numeracy skills, and confidence in managing payments and balancing accounts
- An ability to effectively prioritise and project manage a busy workload
- A self-starter
- 3+ years’ experience in a finance management role, including accounts payable, invoicing and credit control, preferably within a small to medium sized organisation
- Excellent Sage 200 and Excel knowledge and experience
- Excellent VAT, PAYE and NI knowledge and experience
- Experience of managing a team
Planning & Organisation – Organises work to ensure optimum use of time and resources. Thinks ahead & plans for both long and short term goals. Keeps focused on achieving results rather than completing a list of tasks
Interpretation – Takes ownership for solving problems and recognises when to seek guidance and authorisation
Sensitivity – Aware of how to behave with confidential and sensitive information
Role Model – Acts as a role model for PEEL in all day to day activity both within the business and externally. Behaves in a professional manner at all times
Teamwork – Is aware of own style & how it impacts on others. Seeks to develop effective working relationships to achieve business goals
Business Awareness/Commerciality – Understands the PEEL product & how their role contributes to business goals; looks for cost effective solutions to problems.
Flexibility – Adjusts working hours to meet business demands
Client Focus – Recognises clients are essential to PEEL’s success and demonstrates that through all direct client communication and internal working practices