Head of Talent
Head of Talent
This is a fantastic opportunity within an amazing company currently moving through significant change and growth. The PEEL Entertainment Group is looking to bring a very strong Head of Talent into this new role to develop the Talent department and support the business as it continues to grow and thrive.
The role will require the successful candidate to take overall responsibility for managing the team working within both PEEL Talent and Epic at PEEL Talent as well as implementing business development strategies.
PEEL Talent – The company’s recruitment arm responsible for the casting and placement of performers/artistes onboard Cruise Ships sailing worldwide performing ground-breaking entertainment to thousands of passengers every week.
Epic at PEEL Talent – Following a recent merger ‘Epic at PEEL Talent’ is the company’s global agency. This exciting new agency manage their own acts, book guest acts for cruise and hotel flybacks, UK theatre tours and much more.
Hours – Full Time, Mon-Fri (must be able to work flexibly in accordance with the company needs and overseas nature of much of the work)
Location – North Yorkshire Head Office (and overseas travel as required)
Salary – On Application
PEEL is looking for an energetic, self-motivated manager, preferably from an entertainment or hospitality background. The successful candidate will have previous experience in talent recruitment, development and management. They must be able to lead by example, inspire, delegate and implement agreed strategy objectives. They will also be experienced with client liaison.
Specific Skills required:
- Have prior managerial experience and leadership qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Computer literacy including good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages (agency booking systems also helpful though not required)
- Implement, prioritise and effectively project manage tasks
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills
- Capacity to work long hours when required and willingness to travel to ships as required
- Flexibility and willingness to react quickly
- Pro-active and creative
- Be able to think, communicate and present information effectively
- Be able to motivate self, team or staff
- Prepare reports, budgets and assessments
- Review existing processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop, with department managers, HR planning strategies for immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Compile and analyse accurate management information
- Management and responsibility of budgets and accurate forecasting