Skipton-based, The PEEL Entertainment Group, are a highly successful award-winning Creative Production Company providing full entertainment programmes and talent, through their agency, to Cruise Lines and the Leisure Industry. Peel also provides role-play actors for training and education and has specialist divisions providing digital content solutions for the heritage, museum and tourism sectors. Peel also owns Alexanders, a bar/Restaurant in a Grade II listed building, refurbished to high specification in the bustling market town of Skipton.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an amazing company currently moving through significant change and growth and to become an integral part of our team.
Working as a Marketing Manager you will undertake the full spectrum of marketing activities in order to deliver and exceed the set business targets. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets. The candidate must be able to demonstrate flexible hands on can do approach with strong marketing experience ideally within a entertainment or hospitality environment.
Key Tasks (not limited to):
- To promote all areas of the business and raise the company profile.
- To develop and maintain the company’s annual marketing and PR strategy across all areas of the business in line with company objectives.
- Assist in planning and management of the marketing budget.
- Manage and develop both the Marketing Executive and Marketing Intern.
- Manage and maintain online content across all company websites and social platforms – meaning knowledge of the creation and strategy behind paid social media campaigns, google ad campaigns and optimisation is essential.
- Develop and manage all social media platform strategies, providing recommendations and solutions, to increase awareness and drive engagement, including composing and posting content and responding to comments and reviews.
- Develop and maintain an effective tool for measuring the success of all marketing campaigns.
- Research, plan and oversee the cost effective production of promotional literature, marketing material and tenders including the co-ordination of any photo/video shoots.
- Create and update the company and ancillary newsletters (knowledge of mail shot packages e.g. MailChimp is therefore essential).
- Diary management, logistics and communications in organising and facilitating of events exhibitions, trade shows and networking events as required for all areas of the business.
- Plan and implement email marketing campaigns.
- Manage the workload of the Marketing Intern to ensure they are hitting targets, receiving the best support and developing their skillset during their time with the company.
- Liaise and build relationships with external agencies for advertising and promotional opportunities.
- Identify awards that the company can qualify and apply for.
- Identify and arrange promotions and new product packages for all areas of the business.
- Identify new networking opportunities and build relationships with existing network contacts.
- Seek and develop new press contacts to ensure maximum exposure and opportunities for all areas of the business.
- Experience in writing press releases.
- Self-starter, comfortable working independently and also as part of a team
- High standard of IT skills and knowledge of all social media platforms, social management / scheduling platforms (we currently use Hootsuite), CRM and CMS systems, knowledge of creative design packages such as Photoshop is advantageous but not essential and online design software.
- Excellent copy writing skills
- Strong administration, planning and organisational skills.
- Outstanding communication abilities, face to face, written, telephone etc.
- Organised, energetic and keen to learn
- Enjoys being part of a busy working environment
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of web editing and uploading.
- Must hold a full driving licence
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to project manage simple to complex marketing tasks
- Be able to analyse data from various sources to ensure marketing approaches are cost effective and successful
- Identify trends in the market where opportunities can be initiated
- Be in the fore front of latest technologies and marketing systems to deliver best service and promote the company
- Experience of working in a fast paced working environment
- Flexibility required in working hours
Please submit your CV, cover letter explaining why you believe you are our ideal candidate and salary expectations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Beverley Owens on 01756 796176.