Marketing & Press Officer
Working as a Marketing & Press Officer you will work alongside the rest of the marketing department, supervising the Marketing Executive and Marketing Intern, under the guidance of our Brand and Communications Manager, to undertake the full spectrum of marketing and PR activities in order to deliver and exceed the set business targets. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets. The candidate must be able to demonstrate a flexible hands on can do approach with strong marketing and PR experience ideally within a entertainment or hospitality environment, though we will consider candidates with experience in other sectors.
Working Hours Full time (must be able to work flexibly in accordance with the company needs). Expected to attend events outside of regular hours. Occasionally be on call for media enquiries during the evening or weekends.
Salary: £20 – £28K dependent on level of experience.
Key Tasks (not limited to):
- To promote all areas of the business and raise the company profile.
- With the support of the management team you will develop and maintain the company’s annual marketing and PR strategy across all areas of the business in line with company objectives.
- Assist in planning and management of the marketing budget.
- Task allocation and management of the Marketing Executive and Marketing Intern.
- Manage and maintain online content across all company websites and social platforms – knowledge of the creation and strategy behind paid social media campaigns, google ad campaigns and optimisation is essential.
- Work on a wide range of marketing materials ensuring the message and tone of written communications is consistent throughout the organisation and fits with the overall brand.
- Prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes.
- Maintain and update information on the company’s websites.
- Source pictures and images for our publications.
- Act as the main point of contact for the media.
- With the support of the management team you will plan, develop and implement the company’s PR strategies.
- Devise and produce proactive media campaigns.
- Handle enquiries from journalists and other media contacts via telephone calls, email and written correspondence.
- Generate ideas to maximise media coverage and devise and co-ordinate photo opportunities.
- Phone or email journalists to generate interest in the company’s press releases and feature ideas.
- Research, prepare and write articles and press releases and distribute to targeted media.
- Write for and update the company’s social media pages.
- Monitor current affairs and coverage of the organisation within the media.
- Keep up-to-date with all issues that affect the company.
- Keep a diary of press communications activity.
- Maintain and develop our press database.
- Arrange and organise events, interviews and press conferences.
- Arrange for spokespeople to speak to the media.
- Advise senior staff members on written responses to the media.
- Proof-read and if necessary re-write media statements.
- Attend press conferences or interviews with the company’s spokespeople.
- Meet journalists and foster good relations with press & digital media contacts.
- Foster community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
- Monitor media coverage and prepare regular evaluation reports.
- Occasionally be on call to deal with urgent media enquiries during evenings or weekends.
- Self-starter, comfortable working independently and also as part of a team
- Energetic and keen to learn
- Enjoys being part of and working in a fast paced working environment
- Strong administration, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to project manage simple to complex marketing tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English are a must
- Excellent copy writing skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills – face to face, written, telephone etc
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of the press ideally from working in a similar role
- Awareness of the media’s different audiences and sensitivity to how they are addressed is important
- Be able to cope with pressure well and be able to meet strict deadlines.
- High standard of IT skills and knowledge of all social media platforms, social management / scheduling platforms (we currently use Hootsuite), CRM and CMS systems.
- Knowledge of creative design software such as Photoshop is advantageous but not essential.
- Be comfortable editing and posting across all social media platforms.
- Knowledge and experience of web editing and uploading.
- Be able to analyse data from various sources to ensure marketing approaches are cost effective and successful.
- Identify trends in the market where opportunities can be initiated.
- Be in the forefront of latest technologies and marketing systems to deliver best service and promote the company.
- Flexibility required in working hours.
- Must hold a full driving licence
- An undergraduate degree preferred but not essential
- Qualifications, from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), Public Relations Communications Association (PRCA) and the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is preferred but not essential