Operations and Reservations Administrator
Alexander’s, is a European inspired bar and kitchen set in a beautiful period building on Skipton’s High Street. The building has undergone a complete renovation, restoring this beautiful building to its former glory.
Alexander’s has something for everyone, a tiled gelato parlour, sumptuous bar and stylish theatre kitchen. We have live entertainment and the piece de resistance, our fabulous terrace and garden set beside the Leeds Liverpool Canal.
Key tasks and responsibilities (to include but limited to):
- Support the Operations Manager and Assistant Manager in taking all calls, managing all reservations and reservation email inboxes, taking both day to day enquiries and functions and communicating the requirements to the wider team.
- Maintain the in-house reservation system and liaising with Head Office regarding functional changes and improvements.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager to manage promotions and events and work with the Head Office Marketing Team to produce marketing materials as necessary.
- Maintain an open dialogue with Head Office to ensure up-selling opportunities and promotions are taken advantage of at the point of booking.
- An ongoing opportunity for Sales / Business development responsibilities for Alexander’s to generate income and develop the profile of the restaurant as a place for corporate clients, weddings and other functions
- Office support; preparing and issuing of all procedures, kitchen, floor, dish specifications, H&S etc as instructed by the Operations Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Weekly population of the HR and EPOS system with rota and order information
- Calling in orders for management staff as require
- Taking ultimate responsibility for the cleaning contract at the restaurant, monitoring the performance of the operatives and liaising with the contractors to ensure cost effectiveness and best use of time
- Work alongside the Operations Manager in the recruitment of new team members. Liaising with Head Office around advertising, interviewing and making appointments
- Maintaining compliance of the restaurant team
- Issuing and updating the Staff Handbook and associated manuals and policies
- Ensure the welfare of team members, booking in and attending performance reviews, disciplinaries etc with the Operations Manager and with guidance from Head Office
- Issuing uniform, keys and staff cards to team members and ensuring they are returned at the end of contracts
- Arranging and booking relevant training courses for the team
- Providing administrative support to the Operations Manager and Assistant Manager, compiling reports and preparing paperwork for meetings
- Ensure any entertainers are welcomed and set up correctly where possible or leaving detailed instructions for the staff running the shift/event/function
- To maintain and order stock for the office and staff room, raising purchase orders and making cost savings where necessary
- To have outstanding customer service skills
- To be presentable and smart in appearance at all times
- To treat customers and team members with respect
- All new customers get a friendly greeting, all leaving ones get a sincere goodbye
- To make sure every time you interact with a customer you are friendly and talkative, even under pressure
- To enjoy going the extra mile for guests, in providing them an enjoyable experience
- To ensure that you follow the challenge 21 policy strictly
- When time allows you should be able to enjoy chat with your customers and enjoy yourself
- To ensure a welcoming and atmospheric ambience
- To ensure areas are clean and tidy at all times
- To deal with or escalate customer complaints immediately and effectively
Please submit your CV and cover letter explaining why you believe you are our ideal candidate by email