Production Assistant (June 2018)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and hard-working Production Assistant to join us at PEEL in our busy production department.
No experience is necessary but a passion for production and live performance is a must. A knowledge of computer based software and a full clean driving license and valid passport is essential.
Key Tasks (but not limited to)
- Responsible for the packing and labelling of Staging, props, Family, Theatre at Sea, Kids, Light Entertainment and show products.
- Driving between venues to collect all rescores as and when required.
- Assist with packing and labelling of all freight for all associated companies – shore side and ships
- Manage the storage of all Peel Talent Ltd resources
- Update the staging an props database
- To maintain, clean and store all staging units
- Work closely with the on-board management and Head of Production for the correct storage and cataloguing of all on-board resources
- Manage the unpacking and distribution of resources on land and sea.
- Work closely with the Alexander’s management teams for props and resources required for the smooth running of the entertainment programme.
- Liaise with Creative Team for all props for Family, Theatre at Sea, Kids, Light Ents and show product requirements and update logs and drop boxes accordingly.
- Catalogue all updated AV show / Family and Light Ents performances.
- Mend / make / repair small props as and when required.
- Update SOPs for storage of resources on-board ship and land facilities
- Experience in live music or a theatre background is desirable
- Be able to demonstrate being able to work on your own to achieve tasks and deadlines.
- High energy and prepare to work weekends and abroad when required.
- Self-motivated, passionate and driven.
- Willing to learn and improve core skills to meet and match the changing needs of the production product.
- Have an excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of making and storing of props
Successful applicants must expect to work flexible hours and be prepared to travel both throughout the UK and overseas on board cruise ships.