Technical Manager (October 2016)
THE ROLE DESCRIPTION
Reporting to: Head of Technical
Location: Based at PEEL Head Office in Skipton and to include extensive and regular overseas visits to Cruise Ships
Hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week and must be prepared to work unsocial hours and weekends relating to work onboard Cruise Ships
Role purpose: To manage and support the onboard Technicians monitoring workload, performance and welfare at all times in order to ensure the development and success of the PEEL AV brand.
- Managing the onboard technical teams by supporting, directing and organising workload, reviewing and developing performance.
- Work with the Head of Technical on technical installs and upgrades across our fleet of Cruise Ships
- Work with the Head of Technical and Head of Talent to ensure the successful recruitment and placement of onboard technical staff and the ongoing technical operation onboard our fleet of Cruise Ships and monitoring working hours/conditions as appropriate
- Work with the Projects Manager on the program to ensure tasks are distributed effectively.
- Monitoring technical reports submitted from onboard our fleet of Cruise Ships and providing support for any ongoing maintenance requirements and putting forward suggestions for upgrades to the Head of Technical
- Liaising with suppliers and internal departments to escalate and rectify technical issues that may arise.
- Regular visits to Cruise Ships for monitoring quality control and product delivery as well as training and development of the onboard technical team
- Work with the onboard management team to ensure timely delivery of projects and the PEEL product
- Arranging logistics and chasing deliveries both throughout the UK and overseas e.g. communicating with freight companies, port agents and other officials
- Booking, working with and being a primary point of contact for technical subcontractors
- Putting together line by line technical specifications for new projects and upgrades against a given budget
- Working with the Head of Technical on new projects and contracts to include; tender proposals, specifications and costings
- Purchasing of technical items for new projects and upgrades of our Cruise Ships
- Creating risk assessments and implementing good health and safety practices/policies
- Conduct repairs and maintenance (service visits) on board Cruise Ships as required
- Broad of knowledge of lighting, sound and AV
- Experience with technical procurement
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Previous experience working in the cruise industry
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience managing budgets and monitoring spends
- Previous experience in a training and development role is desirable but not essential
- Good working knowledge of digital and analogue systems
- Excellent organisational skills including knowledge of all Microsoft programmes and packages
- Knowledge of electrics with associated qualifications desirable
- Knowledge of good health and safety practices
Salary: On Application
Enquiries to: Please send your CV and a detailed cover letter explaining why you would be a great addition to the team to Katie at email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail before submitting your application please contact Chris Murphy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to hearing from you.