We are recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic Wardrobe Supervisor to supervise a busy wardrobe department providing costumes for cruise production shows, plays and historical work. Organisational and management skills are essential, as well as computer literacy, budget control and seamstress sewing/alteration abilities essential.
Based at our studios in West Yorkshire, the role involves regular overseas travel and the flexibility to work unsocial hours.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Show Directors & Choreographers regarding costume requirements
- Knowledge of fabrics and fabric care essential
- Good sewing skills, ability to measure artistes, fit and alter costumes
- Ordering, commissioning and purchase of costumes and accessories
- Liaising with suppliers, manufacturers, costume designers and makers
- Manage the department budget control
- Manage the wardrobe team and allocation of tasks
- Measuring of artistes
- Costuming fitting and alteration on board ship
- Oversee the production and delivery of costumes
- Supervising the storage, cleaning and repair of costumes
- Ensuring costumes are ready for fittings and performances
- Delegate all cleaning lists and other required administration
- Order and oversee maintenance of footwear
- Supervise the packing and preparing costumes for transportation including printing labels and producing packing lists and invoices
- Checking costumes, labelling, photographing and returning to storage
- Undertaking regular stock checks, photographing and listing descriptions of costumes
- Attend dress-runs and take notes as required
- Performing any other duties which may be appropriate to the position
You will have:
- A good degree in a costume/fashion or textile related course
- Experience of working on board cruise ships
- Be able to demonstrate being able to work on your own to achieve tasks and deadlines.
- Self-motivated, passionate and driven.
- Excellent attention to detail