Web/Multimedia Developer and Designer
WEB/MULTIMEDIA DEVELOPER & DESIGNER
The PEEL Entertainment Group’s sister company PEEL Interactive is currently expanding and on the look-out for a talented Web/Multimedia Developer & Designer to join our creative team based in Skipton, North Yorkshire.
PEEL Interactive is a pioneering Yorkshire-based company with an expanding portfolio of international and high-profile clients. Our existing team comprises of Graphic Designers, Programmers, 3D Artists, Account Executives and Marketing specialists with years of experience delivering bespoke applications and augmented reality solutions with creative and ground-breaking content to clients across the leisure, museum and heritage sectors.
Reporting to: Jessica Akrigg, Head of Development & Business Integration
Place of Work: PEEL Head Office, Broughton Hall, Skipton, North Yorkshire
Working Hours: 40 hours per week (must be able to work flexibly in accordance with the company needs)
This is an exciting opportunity for a developer who is passionate about app and digital content development, eager for new challenges, and working with cutting edge technology to create Augmented Reality and Interactive digital content for multiple platforms. The role will not always involve web development directly but requires a direct knowledge of the latest web technologies, common CMS systems and requires transferable skills such a UI design and an eagerness to apply these skills to other platforms/tools/programming languages.
Our content specialists work across 3D reconstruction, 2D and 3D animation, games, character interpretation, film & audio and much, much more. In this role, you will be working closely with our creative and highly skilled team, to develop digital content with a focus on interactive media and augmented reality. You’ll be an integral part of this team, participating in meetings and brainstorming ideas.
You will need to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and so good communication skills are key.
This role provides the perfect opportunity both for those already experienced in the field and those just embarking on their careers; we’re happy to hear from people with a wide range of skills and experience. A hunger to learn and work alongside our senior developer is most important but some good core skills are essential.
If you’re passionate about things interactive and want to be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding company then we want to hear from you.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and in handling creative assets for use in the apps (such as Photoshop, After Effects or Illustrator etc.) or similar creative applications.
- Excellent coding ability and experience with a range of programming languages and the willingness to transfer this knowledge to other languages.
- Willingness to be avant-garde and learn new skills.
- Experience in developing and publishing apps or use of PhoneGap/Cordova.
- Knowledge of 3D engines such as Unity3d/Unreal.
- Knowledge of Web-GL.
- Knowledge of C#.
- Knowledge of Server Technology such as Apache, Common CMS systems such as Drupal, WordPress and Joomla and common web protocols/interfaces.
- Commercial Experience of UI Design, UX and implementation and Front End.
Please submit your CV and cover letter by email preferred to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Katie Pickles on 01756 796176.